It’s Fall, the leaves are turning…and you’re wondering, “Where O Where can I get my fix of feminist zines?!!”
Never fear, Kate and I have just the thing for you – – a rad feminist zine reading at Bluestockings Bookstore!
Sunday October 21, at 7pm, a couple of tremendous zinesters will come and read from their work:
* Jordan Alam! of Letters to Self, and Hairstory
* Daniela Capistrano! She just organized the multi-city POC Zine Project tour…plus she’s the author of Bad Mexican!!
* Rachel Levy! of HOAX zine and Reimagining Queer Community, who just moved back to NYC (welcome back Rachel!)
* Kate Angell, my awesome NYC Feminist Zinefest co-organizer, author of such zines as My Feminist Friends and the brand-new A Thousand Times Yes
* Me; I’m Elvis and I will read to you something from Homos in Herstory, my epic queer history zine series
So there you have it! What more could be better than a cozy night in a radical bookstore with your local zine pals?
See you there🙂
from the bsox events calendar: